Sunday, April 26, 2009

butt


I had some Halibut the other night at the Powerhouse, which is right on the channel between Kodiak and Near Island. I was told that some people call it butt- so, now I do. I had some butt and chips for dinner. There was an eagle out on their deck looking in at us all eating.

Did you know that butts here can weigh up to 700 lbs? That's a big butt! The largest ever caught was something like 450, but I have heard that it's the small ones that are the tastiest.

They are the flat fish that hang out on the ocean floor and have both of their eyes on one side. A weird factoid: Shelly told me that they are born with eyes on both sides of their head, but then one migrates around to the other side-freaky!

4 comments:

  1. great pics Hana! Miss ya Grinnin beaver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks grinnin beaver :)

    miss u too,
    H.H.Ho-Ho

    ReplyDelete
  3. hilarious. Butt is really good though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha cool. 700 lbs? i don't know what that would look like, but sounds incredible

    ReplyDelete