Saturday, March 20, 2010

here i go, or there i went...

It was quite a trip. To start out, I spent a couple nights with Lindsay in Yellow Springs, OH, hiking, eating pizza and trying the local brews. Then on to St. Louis and Tulsa where I would try out couchsurfing, much to Uncle Joe's dismay. As it turns out, it was great! My first couchsurfer friend, Amy, took me out to dinner and then to see the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra perform at Powell Hall (in the picture below). She even made me swedish pancakes in the morning before I left.
Next, i met another couchsurfer in Tulsa, OK and we drank a beer out back of her apartment looking at the Arkansas River, then went out for some Vietnamese food and milkshakes. Got up in the morning and headed to Texas. The next time I was out of my car it smelled like shit and I knew I was close, ha! Kristen showed me around town and fed me well. Last stop: Bandelier National Monument Park in Los, Alamos, NM. For the first couple hours of driving in NM, there was a whole lot of nothing. Then, as Sante Fe approached, I began to see the tail end of the Rockies and some of the canyons and mesas that make up northern New Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment