Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cruise ship visitors


So, another part of my job here is to talk to visitors who come to Kodiak via cruiseship. When I drive into work, the cruise ship tied up at the dock almost dwarfs town- these things can get pretty big and require hundreds of staff to run them.


We have had some interesting visitors- Jacques Cousteau's son was on board one ship, a lady came in who was an entertainer for the cruiseline and she busted out some opera in the middle of the visitor center, a little old lady I spoke with knew Bouckville and the Antique Show! Mostly I talk with an older, retired crowd, usually couples who are often sporting matching rain gear which is cute.

3 comments:

  1. That ship looks huge. I remember seeing a ship pass by my high school one time. I have never been on one, but it seems like it is a small town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hana, It's October...we need an update before you bail on this town! ;) Shelly

    ReplyDelete